Do you have heart related problems? A diet that is good for your heart is the solution for your heart related problems! The diet will reduce the cholesterol and keep your arteries healthy. They will reduce your risk for heart diseases. They will keep your heart healthy. What are the foods that keep heart healthy? Read on…
Heart keeps people alive. It pumps blood 24 /7.
Did you know?
A heart beats 1,00,000 times a day pumping 2,000 gallons of blood. The body parts won’t work without blood. Blood carries all the important nutrients obtained from food to the various body parts. It also carries hormones. The body parts can’t function without blood and hormones. Hence the heart should be healthy for a healthy body. For a healthy heart one should have healthy food. Unprocessed foods are great for healthy heart.
Best foods for a healthy heart
- Salmon: Salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids that lower the risk of irregular heartbeat and plaque build-up in arteries. They reduce the amount of triglycerides. High levels of triglycerides can lead to thickening of artery walls which can lead to heart attack. Incorporate two servings of fish per week for a healthy heart.
- Flaxseeds: Flaxseeds are also great in omega 3 fatty acids. They have high fiber content. Hence they are great for heart. You can ground them to powder and add it in wheat floor while preparing rotis; you can also add them in curries.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal contains magnesium, potassium, folate, niacin and calcium which are great for the health. Since oatmeal is high in fiber, it can lower cholesterol. This is helpful to maintain healthy arteries. Prefer oats that don’t contain sugar.
- Beans: Beans are packed with omega 3 fatty acids, calcium and soluble fiber. They control the cholesterol levels which in turn are great for arteries. Hence beans are great for the heart.
- Nuts: Nuts like almonds, walnuts, peanuts, pistachios etc contain vitamin E. This is helpful in lowering the cholesterol levels. Opt for unsalted nuts. At snack time have a handful of nuts; it will keep your heart healthy and tummy full!
- Red wine: Red wine contains catechins and resveratrol. Hence red wine in limited amounts can reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Soy products: Soy products such as tofu and soy milk contain high levels of polyunsaturated fats, fiber, vitamins and minerals. They are great sources of protein and they reduce blood pressure and lower bad cholesterol.
- Green vegetables: Vegetables like Broccoli and spinach have vitamins B complex, folate, magnesium, potassium, calcium, fiber etc that are great for the heart. Moreover they are packed with carotenoids that act as antioxidants; they free the body from harmful compounds.
- Oranges: Citrus fruits like oranges are high in vitamin C. Oranges reduce the risk of heart disease. They have flavanoids that are great for the heart.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are high in potassium that is great for the health. Tomatoes contain lycopene that will lower the cholesterol and it will keep the blood vessels healthy which will in turn reduce the risk of developing heart disease.
Load your plate with the above mentioned foods for a healthy heart! If you have any queries related to heart health, consult a dietician online at eVaidya now!
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.