Do you suffer from infertility? You might be missing on some foods that are great for fertility. Your body might be deficient in some important nutrients that can lead to infertility. Diet plays a major role when it comes to the sexual health. Which foods improve the chances of fertility? Read on…
Nowadays it’s been observed that the fertility issues are on rise. According to a study, 40% of fertility issues are experienced by men. Fertility chances can be improved when men consume healthy food. Infertility is defined as not being able to conceive after 1 year of regular unprotected sex.
Men face infertility issues due to various reasons. The most common cause of infertility in men is low sperm count. A man can face infertility when there is a blockage in the sperm transport. Sperm antibodies reduce sperm movement and block the binding of the sperm to the egg. This is another cause for male infertility. When testosterone levels are low, the man cannot become fertile.
However, a man can improve his chances of fertility by making changes in his diet. He should incorporate some foods in his diet that can make him fertile.
Best foods to improve fertility in men
The best foods that improve fertility in men are as follows:
- Bananas: Bananas are rich in vitamin A, B, C and B1. They also contain magnesium, protein and bromelain. It will improve the sperm count and it will enhance the sexual potency.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain an antioxidant called lycopene that increases sperm count and sperm motility.
- Garlic: Garlic consists of vitamin B6 and selenium. Vitamin B6 boosts the immune system and regulates hormones whereas selenium is great for sperm health and it improves sexual virility. Garlic contains allicin that improves the blood flow to the sexual organs. This helps in getting perfect erections.
- Apples: Apples contain vitamin C, vitamin B complex etc. They increase the sperm count.
- Cashew nuts: Cashew nuts are rich in zinc that can increase the fertility in men. Deficiency in zinc can affect the testosterone levels and it decrease the sperm count.
- Pomegranates: Pomegranates are rich in vitamin C, vitamin B-6 etc. They contain magnesium and iron. Pomegranates increase the sperm count, it improves the sperm motility and prevents erectile dysfunction.
- Avocados: Avocados are rich in vitamin E, vitamin B-6, folic acid etc. Avocados improve the sexual health.
- Asparagus: Asparagus is rich in vitamin C. Asparagus can improve sperm count. Hence include asparagus in your diet.
- Pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin seeds are a rich source of zinc. This helps in increasing the sperm count and testosterone levels. Also pumpkin seeds contain omega 3 fatty acids that improve the blood flow to the sexual organs. This will boost the sexual function.
- Oysters: Oysters are packed with zinc which helps in increasing the sperm count. Men who don’t consume oysters can go for beans or nuts.
Infertility can be quite depressing. It creates problems in social gatherings. If you suffer from infertility issues, include the above foods in your diet. If you have any other questions relating to infertility, consult a sexologist online at eVaidya now!
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.