Traveling is good for health and at the same time it also causes skin related problems and either frequent traveling or occasional traveling causes skin problems and major effects of traveling are dehydration and skin burns.
Effects of traveling on skin:
The most common effects of traveling on the skin are skin dryness, skin allergy, bug bites & sunburn.
- Skin dryness – during travel, the human body is unable to absorb moisture and it leads to dryness of the skin.
- Skin allergy – while traveling pollution and micro dust in air sits on the skin and if the microbiome is not healthy then rashes are formed.
- Bug bites and sunburn – skin burn is caused due to overexposure to UV radiation and sunlight which results in skin cancer, dark spots, and Bed bugs hide in luggage, briefcases, and backpacks, scratching too much on a bug bite causes infections.
Travel skin care tips:
There are many skin care tips one should follow during travel. Some of the tips are stated below.
- Hydrate – the night before traveling, its best to give your body more water and eat vegetables, anti-oxidant rich fruits.
- Scrub – everyone thinks scrub is harsh for skin but it is useful during traveling. By doing a gentle scrub, one can remove dead skin cells and impurities.
- Moisturize – by applying intense moisturizer a night before traveling, helps to increase skin hydration before the effects of dehydration take
- Avoid alcohol – consumption of alcohol makes you dehydrated during travel course and it best to stay hydrated.
- Prepare routine – pack your important skin care products along with cleansers, facial mask, and sunscreen lotion.
- Adapt to the destination – must follow CTM (cleansing, toning, moisturizing) routine at least for a month so that the skin gets adapted to the new place.
- Comfort clothing – this will help you to get rid of travel problems like rashes, itching, and irritation and also prevents skin allergies.
- Blotting papers – during travel course, most people are affected with oily skin because of dirt and pollution, blotting papers helps to remove dirt and oil from the face.
- Ice for eyes – dark circles is seen under the eyes of frequent travelers and it is good to put an ice pack on your skin to soothe eyes and for also fresh skin.
Skin care experts advised that it is mandatory to keep mini and simple skin care products and should follow before traveling tips in order to maintain a healthy skin.
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.