Do you suffer from heart diseases? You should take preventive measures to keep your heart healthy. Heart is important to pump blood throughout the body. Hence good care should be taken to protect your heart! Carelessness can claim your life! There are simple tips to take care of your heart. What are they? Read on…
Heart is an important organ of the human body. It pumps blood and keeps you alive.
Did you know?
A heart beats 1,00,000 times a day pumping 2,000 gallons of blood. Blood carries nutrients and hormones to various parts of the body. Since heart pumps blood, a healthy heart is necessary for a healthy body.
People going for work live a sedentary lifestyle wherein they work, come home and sleep. They don’t find time for exercise. The pressure that they face at workplace and at home can make them susceptible to various conditions. The conditions include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, stress etc. This can lead to a variety of health problems. It can lead to heart diseases. Simple changes in lifestyle can keep their hearts healthy.
Tips for a healthy heart
- Quit smoking: A cigarette contains 4000 chemicals out of which 43 are known to be cancer causing compounds. Smoking increases the risk of heart attacks and strokes. If you smoke, consult your family doctor on procedures to quit smoking!
- Lower alcohol consumption: Alcohol in small quantities is good for health. But when consumed in large quantities alcohol increases the blood pressure. It will lead stroke, heart attack etc. Hence women should limit alcohol to 1 drink and men should limit alcohol to 2 drinks.
- Exercise: Exercising will allow the heart to pump more blood and it will keep the heart active. Hence incorporate moderate exercise of 30 minutes for at least 5 days a week. Also get up and do some physical work. You can keep your body active that way.
- Maintain normal weight: Obesity can increase the chances of heart disease. Hence if you are obese try to reduce your weight by 5% to 10%. This will in turn reduce your cholesterol and it will lower your blood pressure and blood sugar.
- Eat healthy: You should make it a point to incorporate colourful fruits and vegetables in your plate. Avoid processed foods and fast foods. They contain high amounts of salt that is bad for the heart.
- Control stress: Everyone suffers from stress and it is normal to experience stress. Stress can raise blood pressure and it releases stress hormones. This can clot blood in the arteries which may lead to heart attacks.
- Take your medications on time and watch for symptoms: People usually forget taking their medicines. This can be dangerous! Also if you face any symptoms of heart attacks like shortness of breath, exhaustion etc rush to the doctor immediately.
Heart attacks could cost lives! However, practicing the above measures in order to keep your heart healthy. If you have more queries, consult a cardiologist online at eVaidya now!
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.