Do you wear high heels? You are unknowingly damaging your body! High heels can put pressure on the balls of your feet. This can damage your body in various ways. High heels can lead to an arched back. What are the other ways in which high heels can damage your body? Read on…
It is cool to stay updated with fashion. However some fashion styles may make you look good, but they have negative effects on your body. One such fashion style is high heels. High heels have various negative effects on the body.
Why do people wear high heels?
People wear high heels because it looks classy. Short people wear it to look tall. Tall people also wear it as a style statement.
People wear high heels to exhibit confidence, it makes them look assertive. High heels make a woman’s legs look longer and leaner; they can tone the muscles legs. Since high heels make a woman stand taller, they can make her look slim. Overall high heels can draw attention.
How do high heels damage the body?
Though high heels can make a woman look classy, they can damage the body in several ways.
High heels damage the body in the following ways:
- Lower back pain: High heels give less comfort when compared to the comfort given by running shoes or sandals. When a woman wears high heels, constant pressure is applied on the balls of the feet. The nerves can become stressed. This will lead to lower back pain.
- Foot pain: When you wear high heels all day long, constant pressure is applied on the balls of the feet for a long time; this can create yellow areas at the bottom of the feet that can remain even after you remove your high heels.
- Sprained ankles: When a woman wearing high heels accidentally steps over pot holes, cobble stones, air vents, drainage gates, etc, her heel can break. This can lead to sprained ankles.
- Sore calves: When a woman wears high heels daily, it leads to sore calves. Moreover, the veins in the legs can protrude that can make the legs look ugly.
- Arched back: When a woman wears high heels, her back should arch in order to keep her upright. Daily usage of high heels can permanently lead to arched back.
- Constricted blood vessels: The shape of the high-heeled shoe will actually squeeze the foot; this can compress the blood vessels. It can also lead to the breakage of the blood vessels.
- Crooked toes: Since the heel of the foot is raised, high heels can add pressure on the toes. This can lead to crooked toes.
High heels can lead to Lower Back Pain, Constricted Blood Vessels and more importantly an Arched back. If you wear high heels, wear it occasionally, regular wear can cause huge harms to your body . If you have any more questions, consult a family doctor online at eVaidya now!
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.