Do you frequently suffer from cold or fever? Do you easily get infected? You might be having a poor immune system! Poor immune system can also increase the chances of getting affected by HIV/AIDS, cancers etc. You can boost your immune system by including some foods in your diet. What are the foods? Read on…
Immune system should be strong for leading a healthy life. However certain factors can weaken the immune system. Some foods can help in boosting the immune system. Immune system is a system of organs and processes in the body that can detect and fight pathogens like viruses, parasitic worms etc. Immune system protects the body from diseases.
Sedentary lifestyle can weaken the immune system. Immune system gets weakened when a person suffers from stress. Alcohol can disturb the function of immune system. Lack of sleep can also affect the immune system. Lack of exercise can weaken the immune system. Lack of hygiene can have adverse affects on the immune system. Smoking can also affect the immune system.
For a person to not get diseases the immune system should be strong. One can boost his immune system by including some foods in his diet.
Which foods boost the immune system?
The foods that boost the immune system are as follows:
- Garlic: Garlic has antibacterial and antiviral properties. It supports the production of white blood cells. Garlic contains allicin that fights off infection and bacteria. Hence include garlic in your everyday diet to have a strong immune system.
- Yoghurt: Yoghurt contains probiotics. Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are great for the digestive system. Yoghurt protects the gut and intestinal tract from disease causing germs. Hence include yoghurt in your daily diet to keep your body free from diseases.
- Button mushrooms: Button mushrooms have selenium and antioxidants. Mushrooms also contain vitamin B, riboflavin and niacin which boost the immune system. Mushrooms have antiviral and antibacterial properties that can protect your body diseases.
- Watermelon: Watermelon consists of powerful antioxidant called glutathione. Glutathione prevents the damage to the cellular components. Hence it helps in boosting the immune system.
- Cabbage: Cabbage contains glutamine. Glutamine strengthens the immune system. It speeds up the recovery process in case of wounds. It helps in building the muscle mass.
- Spinach: Spinach is rich in vitamin C and fiber. Spinach contains folate. Folate helps the body produce new cells and repair DNA. Hence it boosts the immune system.
- Tea: Green and black tea are loaded with L-theanine. L-theanine boosts the immune system.
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes contain antioxidant beta-carotene. It also contains Vitamin A that slows down the aging process and reduces the risk of cancers.
- Fish: Fish like salmon, mackerel are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation. They protect the lungs from colds and respiratory infections.
A person with a weak immune system can easily get various diseases like cold, fever etc. He can also get HIV/AIDS, cancer etc. If you frequently suffer from cold or fever, include the above foods in your diet. For more information, consult a dietician online at eVaidya now!
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.