Are you feeling dull this summer? Do you suffer from summer strokes? You might be missing on fruits! Fruits are great to beat the heat this summer. Fruits available in summer are great in water content and they are packed with nutrients that are great for your body. Which fruits are great for summer? Read on…
In summer the temperatures can hit the peaks. The body gets dehydrated and you can feel tired. Fruits are a great way to beat the summer heat! Summer can be a tiring season of all the seasons. The sun will be high and will pour enormous amounts of sunshine. When people go out in sun, they usually feel dull. Their skin gets tanned. They might suffer from sun strokes. Hence it’s essential to keep your body hydrated in summer.
Fruits are a great way to keep the body hydrated. They are packed with nutrients and fruits that are available in summer are loaded with water. They are perfect to feel fresh in summer.
Best fruits for summer
- Watermelon: Watermelon contains 92% of water content. Hence it is great for summer. Watermelons contain lycopene that will protect your skin from sun induced skin damage. Moreover they are good sources of vitamin C that will help the immune system to fight against the viruses and infections. Vitamin A is great for eyes and potassium present in watermelon prevents muscle cramps.
- Strawberries: Strawberries contain 92% of water. They are sweet and yummy! They are great for health too. They contain flavanoids that increase the blood flow to your skin hence protecting your skin from sun induced skin damage.
- Pineapple: Pineapple contains 87% of water content. It has a good mix of vitamins and antioxidants that have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Guava: Guava contains vitamin A, C and folate. Vitamin A will keep your skin healthy in summer. Vitamin C will destroy the free radicals that cause disease and folate helps the cells function well for good tissue growth.
- Mangoes: Mangoes are packed with potassium, Vitamin A and beta-carotene. They clean the skin by clearing the clogged pores. They promote weight loss and they fight cancer. They lower the cholesterol levels.
- Oranges: Oranges contain 87% of water. They are rich in potassium which prevents the body from muscle cramps. Vitamin C in oranges will free the radicals and they will make your skin glow in summer. Oranges prevent inflammation and they will lower BP.
- Plum: Plums contain 85% of water content. Hence they are great for summer. They contain vitamin C that is great to fight the summer colds. They contain antioxidant phenol that helps in protecting the fatty cells in brain. Vitamin K in plums will prevent blood clotting.
- Figs: Figs are available in summer and they are great to prevent constipation. They promote weight loss. They strengthen bones and relief throat pain. They are great for diabetic patients.
- Papaya: Papayas are packed with potassium, vitamin A, C, folate and beta-carotene. Papayas promote weight loss and they boost immunity. They help in lowering cholesterol and hence they are great for your body.
Include the above fruits in your diet and keep your body hydrated this summer! For more queries, consult a dietician online at eVaidya now!
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.