Do you suffer from stress? Do you want to quit alcohol, tobacco etc? You should go for Panchakarma! Panchakarma rejuvenates your body by flushing out the harmful toxins. Panchakarma restores the function of 5 sensory organs. It has a wide range of benefits. What are the benefits? Read on…
You may live a fast paced life. You need to be active 24/7. But some health conditions might interfere with your day’s activities. The health condition that most people suffer today is stress. Stress is the main reason for many other illnesses like hair loss, depression etc. You can however reduce stress with the help of panchakarma.
What is panchakarma?
Panchakarma is an ayurvedic technique of purifying and detoxifying the body. Panchakarma is a process to detoxify the toxins related to earth, water, fire, air and space. The objective of Panchakarma is to eradicate the disease from its root. It is carried out to restore the function of 5 sensory organs. Panchakarma has “Pancha” in it which means five in sanskrit. And “karma” means therapies. Hence Panchakarma means five therapies.
What are the 5 therapies?
The 5 therapies help in removing deep rooted stress and harmful toxins from the body while balancing the energies that govern all the biological functions.
The five therapies are as follows:
What do the 5 therapies do?
The 5 therapies are effective in removing waste from the body. They rejuvenate the body.
- Vamana: Vamana removes the toxins related to water and earth. This will solve the problems related to respiratory tract. If you receive this treatment daily, your toxins will loosen and mobilize, hence your body will be free of toxins.
Vamana can reduce the following problems:
- Hay fever
- Nasal congestion
- Psychological disorders
- Skin disorders
- Virechana: Virechana removes the toxins related to fire. These toxins get accumulated in the liver and gallbladder. Virechana cleans the gastrointestinal tract.
Virechana cures the following problems:
- Digestive disorders
- Gynecological disorders
- Basti: Basti is the main therapy of Panchakarma. It cleanses the toxins related to earth, water, air, fire and space, through colon. In this therapy, medicated oil or ghee and an herbal decoction is given to clean the colon.
Basti will reduce the following disorders:
- Cervical Spondylosis
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Nasya: Nasya is the process of cleaning the water and earth related toxins from head and neck region. In this therapy, medicated oil is fed into the nose.
Nasya cures the following illnesses:
- Premature graying of hair
- Loss of smell and taste
- Stiffness of neck
- Nasal allergies
- Raktamokshana: Raktamokshana is a procedure to cleanse the blood. It is advised only in the rare conditions.
The other benefits of Panchakarma include the following:
- Strengthens immune system
- Reduces anxiety
- Reduces mental problems
- Increases skin glow
- Restores constitutional balance
- Enhances strength, energy etc.
- Gives deep relaxation and gives a sense of well being
- Restores metabolic power
- Reduces dependence on alcohol, tobacco etc.
- Increases awareness
Increased stress can lead to deadly diseases and even to death! Not only stress, Panchakarma heals many other health related disorders. Hence if you suffer from any of the above disorders, consult ayurvedic doctor online at eVaidya now. At eVaidya, all the doctors are verified and authenticated by Medical Council of India (MCI).
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.