Muscles cramps is a common phenomenon happens when contractions caused by the repetitive firing of motor neurons causing nerve impulse in the muscle which makes muscle to shorten and seize or simply muscle cramps occurs when the muscle tense up and cant relaxed, muscle cramps can be excruciatingly painful, commonly muscle cramps can be self-treated. muscle cramps mostly related to strenuous exercises or sometimes can be caused by poor diet and also for females usually muscle cramps can happen at the time of mensuration some other common cause is dehydration a general method at the time of muscle cramps is to stretch or massage affected muscle and it can be prevented by eating food rich in potassium sodium magnesium and calcium. These mineral are known as electrolytes incorporating these minerals rich foods in the diet helps prevent or make a muscles cramps less frequent issue. Potassium is the vital mineral; helps in the prevention of cramps it acts as a communication between nerves and muscle, following some of these key ingredients rich foods.
Foods For Easing Muscle Cramps
- Bananas: bananas are a good source of potassium magnesium and calcium
- sweet potatoes contain potassium, calcium, and magnesium it provides potassium six-time than banana
- Beans and lentils provide magnesium. One cup contains 71 milligrams of magnesium
- Melons have potassium, magnesium and calcium, sodium, and water
- Watermelon god source of water
- Milk is a source of electrolytes calcium, potassium, and sodium. Milk is better for hydration also
- Dark, Leafy Greens rich in calcium and magnesium
- Orange Juice one cup provides milligrams per cup.27 milligrams of calcium and magnesium.
- Nuts and Seeds are good sources of magnesium
- Tomatoes have high potassium levels and water content.
- Dark Chocolate Rich in magnesium, dark chocolate and provides help in improving the muscle function
Tips to help to avoid muscle cramp
muscle cramps are usually associated with the seizure of muscle in order to prevent or treat cramps following tip is to be considered or followed
if you have cramps suddenly the following actions may provide relief
1.stretching and massaging the affected area gently will relax the muscle if it occurred near calf area apply some weight on it and bend the knee will relax the cramp if it is affected near back thigh try to pull the affected side towards the head while lying down in case of front thigh use the same method while sitting in a chair.
2.applying heat or cold to the affected area will relax the muscle cramp applying heat can be done by using a warm towel or heating pad or taking a steam bath or hot water bath in the same way for cold treatment apply some ice on the cramped muscle and gently massage affected muscle with ice can help relieve the pain.
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.