Do you experience numbness in limbs? Do you experience blurred vision or muscle spasms? You might be suffering from multiple sclerosis. Multiple sclerosis can lead to various diseases like paralysis and depression. You can treat multiple sclerosis when you know its symptoms. What are the symptoms of multiple sclerosis? Read on…
Multiple sclerosis is a dangerous disease that attacks the brain and spinal cord. It can be cured when the when you know the symptoms.
The immune system protects the body from harmful bacteria and virus, hence protecting us from diseases. In some cases the immune system can attack the human body. One such case is multiple sclerosis.
What is multiple sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis is a disease in which the immune system attacks the brain, spinal cord and optic nerves of the eyes. Multiple sclerosis can cause problems in vision, balance, muscle control etc.
What are the symptoms of multiple sclerosis?
The symptoms of multiple sclerosis are as follows:
- Numbness in the limbs that occurs on one side of the body
- Tingling, itching, stabbing pain in the parts of the body
- Electric-shock sensation on certain movements like bending head forward
- Excessive tiredness
- Partial or complete loss of vision
- Blurry vision or double vision
- Bowel problems such as need to pass urine often, constipation etc
- Balance problems
- Muscle spasms
- Sexual problems such as vaginal dryness, lower sex drive etc
- Slurred or nasal speech
- Poor memory
What causes multiple sclerosis?
In people with multiple sclerosis, the immune system attacks the protective covering of the nerves. When this happens, the nerves get damaged. This leads to problems in communication between the nerves and the brain.
What increases the risk of multiple sclerosis?
There are various factors that increase the risk of developing multiple sclerosis. The factors are as follows:
- Family history: A person might develop multiple sclerosis when his parents or siblings have multiple sclerosis.
- Age: Generally, multiple sclerosis affects the people of age group 15 to 60.
- Sex: Women are at a higher risk of developing multiple sclerosis when compared to men.
- Race: People in white have highest risk of developing multiple sclerosis when compared to people of other races.
- Climate: People in southern Canada, northern United States etc are at higher probability of developing multiple sclerosis.
- Certain infections: Viruses like Epstein-Barr can lead to multiple sclerosis.
- Certain diseases: A person is more likely to develop multiple sclerosis when he suffers from thyroid problems, type 1 diabetes or inflammatory bowel disease.
- Smoking: People who smoke are at the highest risk of developing multiple sclerosis.
What happens when you ignore multiple sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis is a disease that could impair your movements. The complications of multiple sclerosis are as follows:
- Depression: Depression is a serious mental illness that could lead to death.
- Epilepsy: Epilepsy is a disorder that involves brief to long periods of vigorous shaking.
- Paralysis: Paralysis is a disease that is characterised with the loss of muscle function.
If you suffer from any of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis, consult homeopathy doctors online on eVaidya now! Sign up and subscribe for a consultation plan now! At eVaidya all the doctors are verified and authenticated by the Medical Council of India (MCI). eVaidya offers an user satisfaction rate of 98.3%.
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.