Do you recognize the 13 Symptoms of Anemia?
Do you experience extreme tiredness? Do you suffer from headaches? You might be showing signs of anemia! Though anemia shows mild symptoms, it can lead to life threatening diseases like heart problems. Anemia can lead to death! To treat anemia, you should know its symptoms. What are the symptoms of anemia? Read on…
Anemia is a condition wherein the person has fewer red blood cells. Red blood cells are important in the body since they carry oxygen to the cells.
What are the types of anemia?
The different types of anemia are as follows:
- Iron deficiency anemia: This occurs when there is a lack of iron in the body. This can happen because of an ulcer, cancer etc.
- Vitamin deficiency anemia: When there is a lack of Vitamin-B12, the person can get vitamin deficiency anemia.
- Hemolytic anemia: When the red blood cells are destroyed at a rate faster than the rate they are produced at, it leads to hemolytic anemia.
- Sickle cell anemia: When the body produces abnormal sickle shaped red blood cells, it leads to sickle cell anemia.
What are the symptoms of anemia?
The symptoms of anemia are as follows:
- Extreme tiredness
- Pale skin
- Poor concentration
- Irregular heartbeats
- Chest pain
- Cold hands and feet
- Shortness of breath
- Bone deformities
What causes anemia?
The causes of anemia are as follows:
- The body doesn’t produce enough red blood cells
- The body destroys red blood cells
What are the risk factors of anemia?
The factors that increase the risk of anemia are as follows:
- Vitamin deficiency: When a person consumes a diet that is low in iron or vitamin-B12, he can get anemia.
- Menstrual cycles: When a woman doesn’t reach menopause, she will continue having her menstrual cycles. This will lead to loss of red blood cells. This can result in anemia.
- Intestinal problems: People suffering from Crohn’s disease or celiac disease have a high risk of developing anemia. Also surgeries that involve the removal of parts of small intestine can lead to anemia.
- Pregnancy: When a woman is pregnant, the iron should be sufficient enough for her increased blood volume and for her growing baby. This can lead to anemia.
- Chronic conditions: When a person suffers from cancer, kidney or liver failure he can have anemia. A person might experience blood loss from an ulcer; this can also lead to anemia.
- Family history: A person has a high risk of anemia, when his family members are suffering from sickle cell anemia.
A person will have a high risk of developing anemia when he has auto immune diseases or when he consumes alcohol.
What happens when anemia is ignored?
Anemia can lead to severe problems. The severe problems are as follows:
- Extreme tiredness: Anemia can cause severe tiredness. Due to this severe tiredness, the person might not be able to carry on his daily activities.
- Heart diseases: A person suffering from anemia can suffer from irregular heartbeats. This can result in congestive heart failure.
- Death: People with sickle cell anemia should be very mindful. It can lead to life threatening conditions like severe anemia. This can even lead to death.
Anemia can lead to death. Therefore don’t delay if you have anemia, consult a hemotologist online at eVaidya now!
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.