Do you suffer from weight gain? Do you suffer from sleepless nights? Your hormone levels might be abnormal! Hormone levels are responsible for many important functions of the body. You can correct your hormone levels when you know the symptoms that occur due to hormonal imbalance. What are the symptoms? Read on…
Hormones have a great affect on the body. When the hormones are at abnormal levels, the body won’t function well. You will experience some symptoms when your body doesn’t function well. You should rush to the doctor when you face those symptoms.
What are hormones?
Hormones are chemical substances produced by the body. They control the activity of certain cells and organs.
Why are hormones important for the body?
The human body depends on hormones to function well. Hormones are responsible for the following functions:
- Metabolism functions
- Body’s growth
- Mood variations
- Hunger feelings
- Immune system
- Sexual function and reproduction
Hence hormones are very important for the perfect functioning of the body.
However, the hormones fluctuate because of various reasons. The reasons include menstrual cycles, lifestyle and diet, pollution, toxins etc.
When the hormones fluctuate, the body will undergo certain changes. When this happens you will experience some symptoms. When you experience symptoms, you should rush to the doctor immediately.
What are the symptoms that require immediate medical attention?
When you feel the below symptoms, you should rush to the doctor.
- Belly fat and weight gain: When the body doesn’t produce normal amount of hormones, body stores fat for future use. This will increase the belly fat. When the adrenal gland becomes fatigued and signals thyroid, the pancreas stores fat. This fat will increase your weight.
- Excessive tiredness: When hormones are not produced in sufficient amounts, it leads to excessive tiredness.
- Insomnia: When the hormones fluctuate in the body, the person won’t get enough sleep. Generally this happens in women just before their periods. This happens because of drop in the progesterone levels.
- Irritability and depression: When hormonal imbalance occurs, the person will suffer from mood swings and depression.
- Problems in digestion: When the hormonal imbalances occur people suffer from gas, bloating and slow digestion. These problems might occur due to variations in the serotonin, progesterone and estrogen levels.
- Memory problems: When a person is finding difficulty in remembering things then he might be having hormonal problems. Memory problems can increase because of increase in the stress hormone cortisol. Studies show that high levels of cortisol for a long period of time can affect learning ability and memory.
- Night sweats: When a person sweats at nights even though the temperature is normal, there might be hormonal imbalance in his body. This can happen because of high estrogen and low progesterone levels. This can also happen because of changes in hormonal secretions by the ovaries, thyroid etc.
- Low sex drive: Low levels of estrogen can cause low sex drive.
Hence hormones are very important to a human body.
If you suffer from any of the above symptoms of abnormal hormones and hormonal imbalance, consult an endocrine surgeon online at eVaidya now! Sign up and subscribe for consultation plans now! At eVaidya all the doctors are verified and authenticated by the Medical Council of India (MCI). eVaidya offers an user satisfaction rate of 98.3%.
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.