Do you suffer from sexual problems? Sexual problems can disturb your personal life. They can ruin the relation with your partner. Moreover sexual problems can lead to infertility. Sexual problems can send a man into depression. There are various ways to diagnose sexual problems in men. What are they? Read on…
Sexual problems are common in men. According to Sexual Advice Association 1 in 10 men suffer from sexual problems. They can be treated early if they are diagnosed.
What is sexual problem?
Sexual problem is the inability to enjoy sexual intercourse. There are 3 types of sexual problems. They are ejaculation disorder, erectile dysfunction and inhibited sexual desire.
Ejaculation disorder is further divided into premature ejaculation, inhibited ejaculation and retrograde ejaculation. Premature ejaculation is a condition in which a man ejaculates before or shortly after the penetration. Inhibited ejaculation is characterised by slow ejaculation. In retrograde ejaculation, the ejaculate is pushed back in the bladder when it has to come out through the out end of the penis.
Erectile dysfunction is a condition wherein a man is unable to attain or maintain erection that is suitable for intercourse. Inhibited sexual desire is a condition wherein a man shows less interest towards sexual activity.
What causes sexual problems in men?
The sexual problems can be caused due anxiety, depression etc. It can also be caused when there is hormonal imbalance in the body.
How are sexual problems diagnosed in men?
The sexual problems in men can be diagnosed in 3 stages.
- Medical history: In the first stage, the doctor will know the medical history of the patient. The doctor will ask several questions to the patient regarding interpersonal problems with spouse, girlfriend or sexual partner. The patient will be asked if the erectile dysfunction has occurred suddenly or has developed slowly. He will ask the patient if he has habits like smoking, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression etc.
- Physical examination: In the second stage, the doctor will carry out physical examination on the patient. The doctor will listen to the pulse in the groin blood vessels. He will check the penis and testicles. The doctor will check the nerve that causes the scrotum to contract when the inner thigh is stroked.
- Tests: In the third stage of diagnosis, the doctor will conduct tests to know the hormone levels, condition of nerves etc.
The various types of tests are as follows:
- Blood tests: Blood tests are carried out to check the hormone levels. Blood tests can also reveal if a person suffers from diabetes, high cholesterol etc.
- Sensory testing: Sensory testing is a procedure that is carried out to measure the strength of nerve impulses in a particular area of the body.
- Vascular assessment: Vascular assessment is used to check the blood flow in the penis. When a blood vessel supplying blood to the penis gets blocked, it can lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Nocturnal penile tumescence rigidity testing: This test is used to check the erections that occur naturally in sleep. This test is used to know if the erectile problems are caused due to physical or psychological factors.
Sexual problems can lead to infertility. If you suffer from sexual problems, consult a sexologist online at eVaidya now!
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.