Nutrition Tips that are about to be discussed here are for those plus 50 people who is nothing different to a 20 folk with a mind that seeks a healthy and strong life. Making sure of foods to avoid after 50 will give the necessary flexibility to the body. It’s just time that has passed and will pass rest all remains same if best exercise for over 50 is maintained. A good and balanced permutation of proper diet and exercise will reap years and years of extended life. 50 being the age of sobering and liberating is the most precious time to find whatever we want and do whatever we wish.
Our lifestyle when we were younger has a definite impact on what we will be after 50. Studies proved there are more chances of prolonged life for those who maintained proper living during or before 30’s or more essentially at the young and teenage. Our younger life style and hereditary has a major impact on how healthy you can turn post the fifties line.
Before going to understand what to be done to stay strong and healthy post 50, its equally important to understand what actually are the major changes or concerns noticed in either men or women post 50. So let’s walk through those first.
- First and foremost change that’s noticeable is the change in skin and hair
- Safeguard your senses as that’s the most noticed problem in many, post 50 or sometimes even before.
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Changes in metabolism, expected to fall by 5% for every decade
- Changes in bone, joints and muscle strength accompanied by bladder control
- Change in brain function and heart
- Fall in immunity resulting in expose to sick
These are only very changes that are noticed in many to most post 50 but never to worry with the list because as for every problem there will be a solution. You can stay away and safe from these changes by properly following certain nutrition tips, following fitness over 50 and maintaining best diet for both men and women over 50.
With that said let’s see what the foods to avoid after 50 are:
- Cut on the salt as it has a big foot on your blood pressure changes
- Bacon is never a friend to any above 50 and a big no-no to avoid arthritis or a related chronic joint problem.
- Moderate drink per day is good but which means two to seven drinks or less per week.
- Sugar and age are the best buddies, so to grow old faster have more sugar.
- Stay away from those energy and sports drinks as they make you diabetic.
- Stay away from a daily sando dining as researches show a very high percentile risk of colorectal cancer with processed meat.
These are few of many other foods to avoid over 50. A little eye on our intake can give us more years to live to enjoy the best part of life.
After food comes the fitness part and here are the best exercise for over 50 men and women to stay fit.
- Aerobic exercises like walking, jogging, swimming, and dance are good ones to go with per 3 or 4 days and make sure to maintain the pace by ‘talk test’.
- Strength training that includes lifting weights to strengthen your body and improve posture, and also maintains bone strength, reducing the risk of lower back injury while also helps toning.
- Improve flexibility and motion in joints to certain extent with stretching exercises.
With everything mentioned, what to and what not to do, here are few nutrition tips that for sure are to be followed, irrespective of the case that you follow and implement all the above mentioned tips and practices related to diet and exercise.
- B12 supplements a must to be considered to hold up healthy nerves and blood cells.
- Toss on multi vitamin for Iron if it has it as menopause is seen in most women at around 50. As Iron can’t be excreted like any other mineral and excess of Iron causes liver or heart damage and even death in certain cases.
- Kick up the calcium and Vitamin D via diet or capsules with your doctors’ guidance. Including sardines, spinach, broccoli, kale, and low-fat or fat-free milk and yogurt in diet is one suggested way.
- Plan for a Mediterranean Delight mostly as studies prove that with a Mediterranean delight food practice the survival rate has grown.
Stay strong and healthy and enjoy your old age by being young at your brain to the best by following all these practices discussed.
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.