Experience pain while ejaculating? Do you observe blood in your urine? You might be showing signs of prostate cancer. Left untreated, cancer from prostate gland can spread to the other parts of the body. To treat prostate cancer, you should know its symptoms. What are the symptoms? Read on…
Prostate cancer is a cancer that develops in the prostate gland in men.
Prostate gland is a walnut shaped gland that is responsible for the production of the seminal fluid that nourishes and transports sperms.
What are the Symptoms of Prostate Cancer?
A man will experience the following symptoms when the cancer spreads beyond the prostate gland:
- Frequent urination especially at nights
- Interrupted urine stream
- Leakage of urine while laughing or coughing
- Difficulty in urinating in the standing position
- Painful sensation while urinating or ejaculating
- Blood in urine or semen
Symptoms of advanced prostate cancer are as follows:
- Pain in the pelvis, lower back, ribs or upper thighs
- Unexplained weight loss and decreased appetite
- Extreme tiredness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Swelling in the pelvic area
- Weakness in the lower limbs along with constipation
What Increases the Risk of Prostate Cancer?
The following factors increase the risk of prostate cancer:
- Age: Age plays a significant role in prostate cancer. In white men the risk increases significantly after the age of 50 whereas in black men the risk of prostate cancer increases after the age of 40 especially if they have a family history. About two-thirds of prostate cancer cases are observed in men who are 65 or above.
- Family history: A man is at an increased risk of developing this disease when his family members have prostate cancer. To be particular, if your father or brother has prostate cancer then you are two times more likely to develop the problem. Hence people having a family history should get screened from the age of 40. Certain inherited genes can also increase the risk of prostate cancer.
- Race: 60% of the prostate cancer cases are observed in African-American men when compared to white American men. Japanese and African males who live in their own countries are less likely to get prostate cancer.
- Diet: Consuming a diet rich in fat can lead to this There are more cases of prostate cancer in the countries wherein dairy products and meat form staple diet when compared to the countries wherein the diet contains vegetables, rice and soybean products.
What happens when you ignore Prostate Cancer?
When ignored, prostate cancer can lead to the following complications:
- Metastasis: When symptoms are ignored, the cancer from the prostate gland can spread to the nearby organs such as bladder. The cancer cells can also enter the bloodstream and infect the bones. This can cause bone pain and broken bones.
- Leakage of urine: Left untreated, prostate cancer can lead to uncontrolled leakage of urine. This can cause low self confidence and problems in social circles.
- Erectile dysfunction: Untreated prostate cancer results in erectile dysfunction, which is a condition wherein a man fails to develop or maintain erection at the time of sex.
Hence prostate cancer can lead to the cancer of different body parts. Take action now! If you experience any of the symptoms of prostate cancer, consult urologist online at eVaidya now!
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.