Are you suffering from diabetes? Diabetes can lead to various serious diseases when left untreated. You might have to cut off your leg when you have a small cut or blister on your leg! Diabetes is that serious! What other serious diseases can you get when you ignore diabetes? Read on…
Diabetes is a disease which when left untreated can do harm to your body. Diabetes is of 3 types. They are as follows:
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
What is type 1 diabetes?
In people with type 1 diabetes, the body’s immune system destroys the cells that release insulin. Hence the production of insulin decreases in the body.
What is type 2 diabetes?
In people with type 2 diabetes, their bodies won’t be able to use insulin in the right way. The pancreas makes less insulin.
What is gestational diabetes?
Gestational diabetes occurs during pregnancy as a result of fluctuations in the hormonal levels. In people with gestational diabetes, the blood sugar goes high since the body doesn’t use insulin in the right way.
What happens when type 1 and type 2 diabetes are ignored?
Diabetes can affect major organs of the body.
A person will suffer from the below diseases when he ignores type 1 and type 2 diabetes:
- Nerve damage: Diabetes can damage the walls of tiny blood vessels that support the nerves especially in the legs. This will in turn cause tingling sensation or pain that begins from the toes that can move upwards.
- Eye damage: Diabetes can cause damage to the blood vessels of the eyes that can cause blindness, cataract or glaucoma.
- Kidney damage: Since diabetes attacks the blood vessels and kidneys contain many blood vessels, diabetes can harm the kidneys. It can lead to kidney failure.
- Foot damage: Since diabetes leads to nerve damage, when a person with diabetes gets cuts or blisters in his foot, he might not be able to realize the pain, hence these cuts and blisters can lead to toe, foot or leg amputation.
- Heart and blood vessel disease: People having diabetes are at high risk of developing heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure etc.
What happens when gestational diabetes is ignored?
Woman with gestational diabetes might suffer from uncontrolled blood sugar levels. This can cause problems to the mother and child.
The problems that occur to a child when gestational diabetes is ignored are as follows:
- Early birth and respiratory problems: When a mother suffers from gestational pregnancy, she might deliver the baby before the due date. If the lungs of the baby are not fully developed, the baby might suffer from breathing problems.
- Excessive birth weight: A mother with gestational diabetes may give birth to an overweight baby. If this happens a C section might be required to deliver the baby.
- Low blood sugar: Mothers with gestational diabetes can give birth to a baby with low blood sugar. This can cause seizures to the baby.
What happens to a mother when she ignores gestational diabetes?
The mother can develop high blood sugar that can affect the life of both the mother and the baby.
Hence, if you suffer from type1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes or gestational diabetes, consult an online diabetologist at eVaidya now! Sign up and subscribe for a consultation plan now! At eVaidya all the doctors are verified and authenticated by the Medical Council of India (MCI). eVaidya gives an user satisfaction rate of 98.3%.
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.