Having problems during sex? Aren’t you happy with your sexual life? Sexual problems can be caused due to arthritis, diabetes etc! They can ruin your sexual life. You can treat them when you know their symptoms. Find out the symptoms and risk factors of sexual problems…
A sexual problem is something that keeps a person from being satisfied from sex. Research suggests that nearly 40% of the women of all ages experience sexual problems.
Sexual problems not only arise during intercourse, they can also arise during fondling, masturbation and oral sex. They are common in women. It becomes serious only when they bother you or cause a problem in your relationship. A problem is considered to be a sexual problem when it interferes with the emotional or physical part of your life.
A sexual response cycle has 4 phases namely excitement, plateau, orgasm and resolution. A disturbance in any one of these stages can be a sexual problem.
Every woman has a different sexual response. For instance, some women might feel less interested in sex after giving birth to a baby. Generally people tend to develop low sex drives as they age.
What are the symptoms?
The symptoms are:
- Lack of sexual desire
- Lack of interest in sexual contact
- Absence of signs of sexual arousal which include vaginal lubrication, erection of the clitoris and nipples, swelling of labia regardless of enough sexual stimulation
- Problem in reaching arousal regardless of enough sexual stimulation and signs of arousal
- Pain during vaginal penetration
- Involuntary muscle spasms around the vagina
- Burning sensation in vulva, external areas of vagina or in pelvis
What increases the risk?
The risk factors are:
- Mental and emotional problems
- Problems in sexual relationship
- Having sex with a person who has problems in sexual function
The other risk factors are:
- Exhaustion: Exhaustion can occur due to round the clock baby care or stressful job.
- Hormonal changes: The hormonal changes linked to pregnancy, menopause etc.
- Certain medications: Certain medicines can cause sexual problems.
Following health problems also lead to sexual problems:
- Spinal cord injury
- Parkinson’s disease
- Liver disease
- Peripheral arterial disease
Sexual problems can leave you and your partner dissatisfied. It can create problems between you and your spouse. If you experience any of the above symptoms, consult a sexologist online at eVaidya now!
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.