Do you suffer from vaginal discharges? Do you suffer pain while urination? You might be suffering from sexually transmitted diseases! Sexually transmitted diseases can lead to many complications. They can make you infertile, they can even lead to death! You can check for sexually transmitted diseases when you know its symptoms. What are the symptoms? Read on…
When you have sex, you might be passing or getting infections. These infections lead to sexually transmitted diseases. You can stay away from sexually transmitted diseases if you know its causes and symptoms.
Having sex is a cool thing. It gives pleasure and happiness. But do you know its side effects?
What are sexually transmitted diseases?
Sex can make you infected with diseases. These diseases are known as sexually transmitted diseases.
HIV, genital warts, syphilis, genital herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, some forms of hepatitis and trichomoniasis are some of the sexually transmitted diseases. Sexually transmitted diseases can be acquired from oral sex, vaginal sex or anal sex.
You will have high chances of getting infected by a sexually transmitted disease when:
- You don’t use a condom while having sex
- You share needles while injecting intravenous drugs
- You have sex with more than one partner
- You have sex with someone who has had sex with many partners
- You indulge in sex for money or drugs
What causes sexually transmitted diseases?
Sexually transmitted diseases can be caused due to bacteria, parasites or viruses. Sexually transmitted diseases caused by bacteria are genital warts, genital herpes, HIV and hepatitis B. Sexually transmitted diseases can be transmitted through semen, blood, vaginal secretions or saliva. Some sexually transmitted diseases can be caused by skin contact. You can get hepatitis B if you share toothbrushes or razors.
What are the symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases?
The symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases are as follows:
- a discharge from penis, vagina, urethra or anus. The color of the discharge being white, yellow, green or gray. The discharge may contain blood and it might have a strong odor.
- burning sensation or pain during urination
- pain or swelling in the testicles
- vaginal bleeding
- painful sex
- swelling or redness of the vagina
- genital or anal irritation
- sore, swollen lymph nodes in the groin
- rash, blisters, sores or warts on genitals or anus
- bleeding from the vagina other than during monthly periods
- weight loss
- loose stools
- night sweats
- aches and pains
Sexually transmitted diseases can be quite dreadful. They can even lead to death.
How can sexually transmitted diseases harm you?
You can get various illnesses if you don’t cure sexually transmitted diseases immediately. The illnesses are as follows:
- Cancer of cervix or penis
- Heart damage
- Mental problems
- Pregnancy complications such as ectopic pregnancy or transmission of infection to a fetus
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease(PID)
- Hair loss
- Eye inflammation
- Rectal cancer
- Generalized skin rash
- Sores or bumps on the body
- Scrotal pain
Sexually transmitted diseases like HIV that lead to AIDS can lead to death.
Hence if you experience any of the above symptoms, consult a sexologist online at eVaidya now. Just sign up and subscribe for consultation plans. At eVaidya, the doctors are verified and authenticated by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.