Maintaining a great health is essential for women. Women have to face various medical problems because of lack of essential minerals and vitamins in their bodies. Vitamins assist the body organs to function correctly. Vitamins also slow down the ageing process of women, strengthen their defence mechanisms and enhance their levels of energy. Fruits and vegetables assist in boosting up the minerals and vitamins required by your system. Aside from minerals and vitamins, women also require nutrients like amino acids, anti-oxidants and so on. A clinical consultation from a health care professional is extremely important to know the needs of your body according to your body formation, age, profession and functionality of significant organs.
Though doctors can offer better guidance, there are simple health tips and fitness tips that a woman can follow to maintain a sound body and a sound mind.
Health Tips for Women
Reduce your stress level: “The biggest issue I see in most of my patients is that they have too much on their plates and want to juggle it all. Stress can have significant health consequences, from infertility to higher risks of depression, anxiety and heart disease. Find the stress-reduction method that works for you and stick with it.” (Dr. Brunilda Nazario)
Avoid over dosage of calcium: Too much calcium increases the risk of kidney stones and may even risk your heart. If your age is under 50, include 1,000 milligrams of calcium in your diet per day, while women over 50 years should be getting 1,200 milligrams per day by consuming three servings of calcium-rich foods.
Do more than cardio: A mix of cardio and / or weight-bearing exercises three to five times a week will help to prevent osteoporosis, cancer, heart disease and diabetes. Regular exercise also promotes good physic and boosts psychologically.
Get a regular check-up: Women should not skip their yearly check-up. You never know which bacteria or virus is conspiring against you.
A good sex: Sex reduces stress and lowers the risk of chronic diseases if you enjoy it. If anything bothers you, such as dryness or pain, consult a doctor immediately to find a solution.
A sound sleep: Need of sleep differs with different people. One should get a sleep of 7 hours at least. But if you face trouble with sleeping, or you are tired easily, or have trouble concentrating then you are you likely to be sleep deprived. It makes you vulnerable to heart disease and psychological problems.
Genetic testing: Consider generic testing that helps to trace a family history of ovarian cancer, breast cancer and chronic diseases and then take preventive measures.
Fitness Tips for Women
Stay active throughout the day: Walk and talk as much as possible
Healthy snacks: If you have the habit of snacking throughout the day, healthy snacks will come to your rescue, instead of harming your health. So, stock up your kitchen with healthy snacks to keep munching throughout the day and keep various lifestyle diseases at bay.
- An effective exercise pattern: According to your convenience choose an exercise pattern. Try simple exercises like walking or running which will help to tone your body.
- Good breakfast: Women should maintain a proper diet to stay healthy. The inclusion of fresh fruits in your breakfast will provide your body with lots of fibre and glucose to retain your energy throughout the day.
- Treadmill and Dumbbell: A 10 minutes treadmill session along with a session with 3-5 dumbbells will tone your upper body and help your heart to function smoothly.
- Drink lots of water: Water is essential for the proper functioning of a human body. One should keep drinking water at regular intervals, and avoid dehydrating yourself.
- Reduce carbs intake: One should limit the intake of refined carbs rich foods like cookies, chocolates, honey and white rice. Refined carb rich diet will spike your blood sugar level, produce more insulin and increase the amount of fat in your body.
- Stop overdoing anything: An hour of health and fitness training is enough for a woman’s body. Hence, the focus should be on limited exercises within a certain span of time to make your training effective.
- Carbs: Carbs fuel your body with energy. Hence, add fruits and other high-fiber crackers to your diet. Along with it include some protein, so that the carbs break down more slowly.
- Stretching: Warming up your body before exercise is very important since they prevent muscle injury during workouts.
- Never focus on weight loss: Focusing on weight reduction will ultimately land you up gaining pounds. Instead, focus on a healthy and fit life, by maintaining a proper diet and practicing right exercise.
- Pre-workout snacks: An energy bar high in fibre and sugar before gym helps to pump up your energy.
- Keeping an eye on your heart rate: Maintain a heart rate monitor with you during your workout in order to ensure that you are not exceeding your ideal target heart rate.
Be happy: ‘Laughter is the best medicine’ and it is 100% true. When you laugh out loud, or you are blissful, your body will secrete good hormones which in turn will kill the stress hormones.
A woman is the foundation of a family. It is essential for women to maintain good health not only for the family but for herself too. Now that you have got the tips to remain healthy and fit follow them to maintain a healthy life. Remember that even if you follow these tips, there will be ups and downs. You would not get results in a day. All you need is to be patient, and not give up.
All the treatments – medicines, injections and vaccines are for general information of the reader. Please consult a doctor and get a formal prescription before taking any medicines, supplements and injections.
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.