Sagging breasts are a common problem after pregnancy. One can prevent this condition by following simple tips.
Women generally assume that breastfeeding causes this condition. But the truth is that the breasts start becoming saggy from the beginning of the pregnancy phase. It can also be caused due to shape of breasts prior to pregnancy, age and fat inside the body. Multiple pregnancies and smoking can also affect its shape.
Ligaments are responsible to support the shape of the breasts. As pregnancy progresses, they become heavier and fuller. Due to this, the ligaments stretch which, in turn leads to this condition. This is mostly found in women who have fuller breasts.
Simple steps can help you in preventing this condition.
- Wear a supportive bra: An ill-fitting bra is one of main reasons for this condition. When picking up a bra, ensure that it fits you correctly. Know your bra size and do not choose a bra that is either big or small for you. See that your breasts are not spilling out from the bra. If the straps are loose, tighten them. For more information on this, ask for help from the lingerie counter. Change bras during your pregnancy period to keep up with the changing breast shape.
- Balance your weight: According to Mayo clinic, a weight gain of 25-35 pounds is ideal during pregnancy. Women who are underweight should put on more weight whereas those who are overweight should reduce their weight. One should avoid ice cream, cookies etc. Excess weight will affect the breasts. If they become larger, they will sag more. Hence maintain your weight during pregnancy.
- Moisturize your skin: Make sure you moisturize the skin on your breasts. This will keep them spongy and even if they stretch during pregnancy, moisturizing will get them back in shape. There are certain creams to be used during pregnancy. Any regular cream can also be used.
- Lose weight slowly: Even though you might want to lose the weight quickly after pregnancy, losing weight slowly comes with various benefits. It doesn’t cause frustration and stress; moreover it improves the skin texture. When you lose weight slowly, the skin will bounce back from stretching slowly.
- Exercise: Weight lifting exercises will help strengthening the muscles in the chest and back. Apart from weight loss and stress reduction, exercising can make your breasts look perkier and it will straighten your back. These two combined together will make your breasts look great. Consult your doctor before you start exercising.
Now that you know the steps that will make your breasts look great, implement them today. For more information, consult a gynaecologist online at eVaidya now!
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.