Is your child eating the right food? Is he suffering from deficiencies? He should be having nutritious foods that help him in his growing ages. There are many foods that are good for vision, brain development, nails, hair, immune system, etc. What are the foods that are great for children? Read on…
Children can be fussy when it comes to eating. Incorporating right habits from their young age is a key to solve this problem. They should be made to eat everything that is healthy for them. This habit should be incorporated before they rate a food as “tasty” and “not tasty”. We should educate them as to which food is “healthy” and “not healthy”. There are some healthy foods for children that will keep them active.
Children prefer those foods that are readily available. They devote most of their time for play and give less time for other activities. The other activities includes eating.
Children would any day prefer the processed foods like chips packets over healthy homemade food. The processed foods have many disadvantages. The chemicals used to preserve the processed foods are not good for health. Moreover some children are so busy playing that they don’t check the expiry dates of the processed foods. Hence processed foods are a big no-no.
Children should be given nutritious food. The food should provide them a balanced diet.
What are the healthy foods for children?
The top 10 foods that are healthy for children are as follows:
- Nuts: Nuts can make a great evening snack. Only a handful of nuts will make children feel full. They are packed with health benefits too. Nuts contain “good” fats and omega-3 fatty acids. Nuts also contain vitamin E and fiber. Fiber is beneficial to the body since it prevents constipation.
- Fruits: Fruits have zero calories and each fruit is loaded up with a pack of nutrients. Fruits also have fiber. Offer children a wide variety of fruits like berries, melons, oranges, apples etc.
- Milk: Milk and dairy products contain calcium and proteins that are essential in the growing ages of children. They provide fuel for brain and body.
- Sweet Potato: Sweet potatoes are great for a child’s health. They are nutritious. They contain vitamin A that keeps the eyes healthy. It acts as an antioxidant in the body.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is packed with vitamin B, iron, zinc and calcium. It offers quick energy with its carbohydrates and fiber. It keeps the stomach full and body active.
- Eggs: Eggs contain protein, vitamin B, vitamin E and zinc. Proteins form the building blocks for a young body. Eggs contain omega-3 fatty acids that are great for brain development. Eggs are great for nails and hair too.
- Salmon: Salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids that boosts brain development. Omega-3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Orange juice: Orange juice contains vitamin C, vitamin E, potassium, folate and zinc. Oranges are great for immune system. It contains healing properties.
- Beans: Beans contain soluble fiber. Its great for moody children since it softens mood swings. They are great for the heart.
- Spinach: Spinach contains beta-carotene, lutein and vitamin E. It provides clear and bright vision.
If your child is suffering from any problem with his diet, consult a dietitian online at eVaidya now! eVaidya has the best online dietitians. Sign up and subscribe for a consultation plan now! At eVaidya all the doctors are verified and authenticated by the Medical Council of India (MCI). eVaidya offers an user satisfaction rate of 98.3%. Contact eVaidya now!
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.