Are you having weak bones? Do you feel tired easily? Do you want to lose your weight? You should drink a glass of cow milk daily! Cow milk contains calcium, vitamin D, potassium, choline etc. These nutrients are essential for a healthy body. Cow milk has various health benefits. Keep reading to know more about the benefits you get by drinking cow milk:
Milk should be an essential food in breakfast. One cup of whole cow milk contains 146 calories, 8 grams of fat, 13 grams of carbohydrates and 8 grams of proteins whereas one cup of nonfat or skim milk has 86 calories, 0 grams of fat,12 grams of carbohydrates and 8 grams of protein.
Which nutrients are present in cow milk?
Cow milk contains the following nutrients:
- Calcium: Cow milk contains calcium, which is essential for strong bones and teeth. This nutrient is also responsible for blood clots; wound healing and muscle contractions including heartbeat. Correct amount of calcium is essential for the body to maintain normal blood pressure. Vitamin D is required by the body to absorb calcium, hence you need to consume vitamin D
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is present in cow milk. It plays an important role in the immune function. It is essential for healthy bones. Deficiency of Vitamin D can cause diseases like osteoporosis, depression, muscle pain, hypertension, breast and colon cancer, etc.
- Potassium: Cow milk contains potassium. Potassium will prevent people from getting stroke, heart disease, high blood pressure, kidney stones etc. Hence, include cow milk in your everyday diet
- Choline: Cow milk contains choline, which promotes sleep, muscle movement, learning and memory. It helps in the absorption of fat and reduces chronic inflammation.
Cow milk also contains protein, phosphorus, tryptophan, vitamin A, B2, B12and K.
What are the health benefits?
The health benefits are as follows:
- Healthy bones: Cow milk is important for healthy bones. Bones health mainly depends on vitamin D and calcium. These nutrients are found in milk.
- Blood pressure and heart health: Cow milk contains potassium that lowers the blood pressure levels. A person should have low sodium intake and high potassium intake for a healthy heart
A study suggests that people who consumed 4069 mg of potassium per day had a 49% lower risk of death from ischemic heart disease when compared to others.
- Cancer: Vitamin D present in cow milk is essential for cell growth regulation and cancer protection. People having a vitamin D deficiency are more likely to develop colorectal cancer.
- Depression: Vitamin D present in cow milk regulates sleep, appetite and mood. Deficiency in this vitamin can lead to depression, chronic fatigue, etc.
- Muscle building and weight loss: Cow milk contains high amounts of proteins. A diet rich in proteins will increase the lean muscle mass, will speed up the metabolism and will promote weight loss.
For a strong and healthy body, include a glass of cow milk in your everyday diet. For more information, consult a family practice doctor online at eVaidya now!
Need a Online Doctor? Check out Online Doctor Services.